Friday 22 July 2016

These Workout Leggings Have Pockets That Will Actually Fit Your Large Phone

Paethegee Inc / Getty Images

Music is my lifeline during long runs so I’m never logging miles without my phone, AKA Spotify portal. When I upgraded my model I realized that my fancy, new, phone didn’t fit into any pockets on my old workout leggings, except one pair of beautiful maroon crops from lululemon. But after snapping enough photos of me sporting the same pair over and over again (see said leggings herehere, and here), I needed to up my Insta game—and cut back on my laundry game.

Now that big phones are more popular, workout legging pockets need to catch up. (Holding your phone is a running no-no when it comes to keeping your form on point, and I find armbands to be uncomfortable with longer, larger phones.) Googling reviews of leggings that fit your XL phone aren’t a thing—but it is my thing. So I went in search for high-performance leggings that can accommodate my essential tech. Here are the pairs that worked.

These four running tights have deep pockets that fit larger phones.

1. Lululemon All The Right Places Crop II

lululemon All The Right Places Crop II, $118; luluemon.com.

Since my trusted pair of lululemons are from 2014, I went in search for an updated equivalent. Friends at the brand recommended this model—and the pockets are A+.

2. New Balance Night Floral Fashion Crop 

New Balance Night Floral Fashion Crop, $85; newbalance.com.

The fabric is substantial without being overwhelming, and great for wicking away sweat. The deep pocket allows the phone to rest in the perfect spot on your outer mid-thigh.

3. UA Fly-By Run Leggings

UA Fly-By Run Leggings, $55; underarmour.com.

This pocket is zippered and has a tiny hole for your headphone wire to slip through. (Genius!) However, the pocket rests a little higher on the thigh (closer to the hip), so it’s just a matter of personal comfortable level.

4. Vimmia Plie Pant 

Vimmia Plie Pant, $120; vimmia.com.

Although these are long tights, the material is still lightweight enough to wear on a summer run. The fabric offers four-way stretch which helps keeps your phone secure.

And here are two gym-friendly options.

1. ASX Lux Pant 

ASX Lux Pant, $70; asics.com.

These are a little too slouchy for running, but perfect listening for music while busting out a few bicep curls and shoulder raises at the gym.

2. Beyond Yoga Rows Pocket Mesh Leggings

Beyond Yoga Rows Pocket Mesh Leggings, $110; beyondyoga.com.

I really wanted these to be perfect for running because the style is literal fire, but the pocket was just a touch too shallow to fully fit an extra-large phone. Luckily, they’re secure enough for holding the gadget during a weekend gym circuit.

You may also like: Try This 10-Minute Plyometric Workout You Can Do At Home

Related:

The post These Workout Leggings Have Pockets That Will Actually Fit Your Large Phone appeared first on SELF.

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing post! I love all these leggings a lot. That last one mesh leggings pair is just perfect. I was thinking of buying such a nice pair from some good brand. This pocket mesh legging will easily hold my phone during workouts. I am definitely going to buy this pair soon.

    ReplyDelete